Friday 7 February 2014

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua



I'd been searching for a new premium foundation for a long time now. I've tried a few and never been very happy with the results. After months of trying and testing I found the foundation of my dreams, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua.

I'd heard of this foundation from pixiwoo's chanel. They said it was a good foundation for dry skin...immediately I was intrigued!

I went to a few Chanel counters around Dublin. I couldn't decide on whether to buy it or not (it was just after Christmas and I was on a strict no spending rule! ). While I was debating with myself at the chanel counter in debenhams a lovely sales assistant came over to help. 

She could see I was undecided about the foundation so she was very kind to give me a sample of it to take away and try :) Since then I have tried out the foundation and I absolutely adore it!

 It has a slight, fresh scent to it and it feels lovely on the skin. 
The shade she gave me was a perfect match to my skin tone so it blended out into a very natural finish. 

Before application I did give the foundation a quick shake. The coverage was light to medium which I did like as I prefer a natural, light coverage. The sales assistant did however inform me that the foundation is buildable in coverage. 

The finish is a lovely dewy finish. I found that it didn't cling to my dry patches at all! The foundation contains an SPF of 15 but the night I wore this foundation I got into photographs and I'm happy to say that there was no flashback (which I think is a huge plus).  

I haven't went back to purchase the full size bottle yet (but I most definitely will!), I'm still trying to use up my sample bottle first. I have however seen the packaging which is a plastic, rectangular squeezy bottle. I was a bit disappointed with this. The foundation costs 39€ so it's not exactly cheap. I did expect a bit more from the packaging but  I guess it sure looks handy for travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment